Do you ever have that feeling that new winds are coming? Either for better or worse, but that is when I get book crazy and looking for quotes.Call it soul searching or looking for help from someone who has been there. Reading is the lifeline of knowledge for me. Lately it is all about parenting books and ways to learn from others on how to raise a family and do it peacefully. (Help?!)
The funniest habit of my reading is that I rarely ever finish a book before starting a new one. At any given time, I may be in the middle of four or five books and the stack of books next to our bed has bookmarks almost halfway in all of them. I do finish all of them at some point, but just not in order. I guess I am always looking for the next great book and can't wait to finish the other one before getting started. Can anyone out there relate?
Anyway, winds of change. New year, new goals, new experiences. This year it is all about just becoming better. A better wife, mother, friend, listener, cleaner, sister, etc. More than better hopefully.
You would be surprised how to I look to so many of you as my examples on this...
6 comments:
I am SO like that. Especially when I get consumed with something, like homeschooling. I couldn't read enough. Now I'm getting that way about scrapbooking. I just got a Cricut and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.
Your goal is awesome! Happy New Year friend!
I always have about 2 or 3 books I'm reading. One that's classic fiction, one that's non-fiction like a parenting book, and who knows what else. I also am always reading newspapers, magazines, and online stuff...so I would agree with you that reading is my lifeline to knowledge! :)
Ah, reading. What more is there to life? Ha ha. I know there's more, but when I get in a good book, or a good blog, etc., I can't think of much else I'd rather do. I'm glad there are fellow readers in the world!
I have absolutely zero self discipline where reading is concerned (and other things) but I can't stop once I start. Wish it were exercising or cleaning as well. Please pass on good book recommendations.
I think I was on Heathers Blog when I posted that last comment from "Heather" It was really me Tami
Post a Comment