Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pucker Up!

Ryan: (3 years old) Mom, kiss me.

Mom: Ok. I love you, cutie pie. (Kiss on the cheek)

Ryan: No, Mom!!!! Like this.

(Hands on both my cheeks and tilts my head. He proceeds to give me a full on smacker right on the lips. Straight out of the movies!)

Mom: Wow. Thanks, Rye. That was nice.

Ryan: More, Mom!

(I quickly distract him with closest handy item).


I don't know exactly when it happened, but Ryan has discovered REAL kissing and he is anxious to try it out on yours truly. Maybe it was a watching a Disney movie or just seeing Daddy kiss Mommy after work (yeah, it's that good!) but he is set out to try repeatedly on me all day even when I am not looking. He landed a big one on me this afternoon while I was deeply involved in something else and not paying attention. Wet and slippery!

Until he figures out how much he really doesn't want to kiss his mother, I will just enjoy being shown that he only has eyes for me. I'll take some more big smooches--

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Good, I found you! Your boys are getting soo big! My girls are for sure gonna have to see these boys. . .in a few years! Maybe your Ryan and my Rhyan will be a match. . .hilarious! You know how I like boy names for my girls!! I'm totally putting you on my buddy blogging list, I hope you don't mind...

Bairds said...

Scott and I got a kick out of this one! He's becoming so grown up! We just hope that this whole kissing thing wears off before he becomes a teenager....

Stephanie said...

That's so cute! My kids have all done this at one time or another and it's so funny to me. Kai is doing it to me now, and he tells me he wants a "movie kiss". That's funny to me. He just wants to hold his kiss on my lips a long time.

Elizabeth McDonald said...

I can't stop laughing!!! Go Ryan! Isn't it sad they actually grow up and start having "eyes for" others? You are a darling mom. I miss seeing you every week

Lorena Holmstead, CHBP, CRTS, LSH said...

My favorite part is that he learned it from Mom and Dad! :) Wahoo!

Jennifer P. said...

too cute! As long as he's not trying to knock Tom off so he can make you "all his", I think you're ok with some very purposeful smooches :)

Heidi Sue said...

So Cute! Josh my 13 year old still loves to hug me.Once in a while he will kiss me on the cheek. I love it. Ryan sounds like a cutie.

Nate and Kelly said...

Mindy-- how tender is that! it's always fun to catch up with your family. I can't believe you have a 12 year old! you and Tom are so OLD. :) heehee... big hugs from UT.